Help Your Teen Keep Busy When There is ‘Nothing to Do’
For many teens, the lazy days of summer are just that. The novelty of being out of school has worn off and they are getting bored.
Here are some ideas for things your teen can do with a friend. Some are helpful, some are only for fun, and a few are just plain silly.
- Wash the car.
- Run errands or do yard work for an elderly or disabled person.
- Enter a sports event for charity, such as a walk-a-thon.
- Have a “celebrate the sun” day. Get up early, take breakfast outside and watch the sun rise. In the evening, go to the top of a tall building and watch it set.
- Try a new water sport, such as rafting.
- Visit a local attraction he has never been to.
- Be a little kid again. Turn on the sprinklers and jump!
- See who can make the biggest, longest-lasting soap bubbles.
- Play in a sandbox.
Brought to you by:
[School Success Ideas for Families]
© 2021 The Parent Institute, a Division of PaperClip Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.