Show Your Child You Take Schoolwork Seriously
If you take schoolwork seriously, your child is more likely to take it seriously also. To help your child develop positive study habits:
- Establish a regular time for doing assignments and studying.
- Turn off digital devices during this time. Minimize background distractions.
- Be sure your child takes time to read and understand assignment directions.
- Stay nearby if possible to answer questions and give support.
- Contact the teacher if your child is confused or struggling.
- Check to see that your child's work is complete and reasonably neat.
- Set clear limits on recreational screen activities.
- Teach time management. Have your child estimate how long an assignment will take, then time how long it really takes.
Brought to you by:
Bob Harding Shawmut Elementary School
[School Success Ideas for Families]
© 2022 The Parent Institute, a Division of PaperClip Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.