Keep Learning During the Summer Months
Your child worked hard all year, and you want this summer to be relaxing. But you also want your student to retain hard-earned knowledge and skills.
To combine learning and fun:
- Have a family spelling bee. Match the words given to each family member to that person's skills.
- Read together and discuss what you read. Choose books, poems and articles your child will enjoy.
- Make math part of your day. Count how many steps you climb, measure ingredients and look for numbers everywhere. Talk with your child about ways you use math to run your home.
- Ask questions about science and nature. "What if we mixed red and yellow paint?" "Why does that toy float in the bath?" "What kind of bug is that?" Then help your child experiment or do research to find the answers.
- Make connections to history. Tell family stories about the past. Look at maps. Talk about how the world has changed.
Brought to you by:
Fairfax Elementary School
[School Success Ideas for Families]
© 2022 The Parent Institute, a Division of PaperClip Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.