Simple Steps Help Your Child Become a Strong Reader
You don't need to be a teacher to help your child become a strong reader. There are many simple steps you can take to boost reading skills.
Here are a few:
- Encourage your child to retell stories. Have your student describe the pictures in a book or tell you about key points in the plot.
- Keep a variety of reading materials your child enjoys all around the house.
- Provide a comfortable place at home for your child to read.
- Ask questions about stories as you read together. Then give your child time to think before answering. Encourage your student to ask questions, too!
- Listen and show interest in your child's ideas and reactions.
Brought to you by:
[School Success Ideas for Families]
© 2022 The Parent Institute, a Division of PaperClip Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.