Save These Special Days to Enjoy Learning Together This Month
In April, nature seems to reawaken. April is also full of opportunities to reawaken your child’s interest in learning.
Celebrate these special days with some fun activities:
- International Children’s Book Day (April 2). This day is designed to inspire a love of reading. Read a story from another country with your child.
- National Walking Day (April 6). Get out a map and help your child plan a new walking route to a familiar place. Walk there together. What new things do you notice?
- National Laundry Day (April 15). Look online together for pictures of early washing machines. Then teach your child how laundry is done today.
- World Creativity and Innovation Day (April 21). What would your child like to invent? Have your student draw a picture of the invention.
- Teach Children to Save Day (April 28). Encourage financial literacy. Talk with your child about the difference between needs and wants, and about the different ways people save (in piggy banks and bank accounts, by using coupons, etc.). Have your student decide on something to save for.
- National Honesty Day (April 30). Talk with your child about why it is important to be honest every day!
Brought to you by:
West Point Consolidated School District
© 2022 The Parent Institute, a Division of PaperClip Media Inc. All Rights Reserved.